I’m only 2.5 months into eating healthier and I’m already sick of eating the same things over and over. So, I created a Pinterest board just for pinning low-carb, low-gi, paleo or just healthier alternatives to what I want to eat. Here is a link.
I’ve already tried out a bunch of these over the past month. Last night I fixed Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin from Kalyn’s Kitchen, but I subbed crumbled turkey bacon for the ham and regular onion for the green onion. I also tried out a 1/2 batch of this primal fudge recipe, but I have to say that it requires a taste for coconut! My husband surprisingly liked it a lot.
Some repeat favorites for me:
- Better-than-Mom’s Chicken, Broccoli & Quinoa Casserole (I skip the curry and it’s still GOOD)
- My own version of Noodleless Lasagna (I now use turkey instead of beef)
- This week, I made Eggplant Pizzas (I can’t seem to get enough of the salt off – help!)
- Stuffed Peppers (I used ground turkey & turkey sausage plus add onions)
- Plus, I do different variations of Egg Bakes
In panic, I’ll either eat pre-made meatballs with steamed veggies or scrambled eggs or a salad. Almost every morning I eat greek yogurt and apples, but on the weekends I always have scrambled eggs 🙂
I’m still a clumsy cook, but since I’m really the only one eating my food I can afford to be a little terrible at it. N will try almost anything I fix, but he is particularly fond of the stuffed peppers.
Wish me luck,